Tuesday, December 14, 2010

In the black

USA today had an article on how Protestant churches have taken a real hit in giving due to the recession. http://www.usatoday.com/news/religion/2010-12-14-1Achurchbucks14_ST_N.htm

I read this article this morning.

Well, Grace is in the black, and the designated funds are where they ought to be. I just thought you should know this, but please know, this isn't bragging. I have had nothing to do with it. Being in the black is due to some wise planning by Brian, Chuck and others who worked hard to make the budget make sense this year. And of course, all good things are ultimately due to the kindness, faithfulness and grace of God. All we have is His. He has been faithful to this church even though we never deserved it. He has been merciful, kind and gracious beyond measure.

Ok, maybe it is bragging. God is great! He loves this church and these people. He has called us to reach this city and the towns around Ann Arbor. Is there a higher and better calling than that? Plus, I love the people I work with. I am sure, eventually, we will all get on each other's nerves just like any family, but I regularly thank God for the people of character and wisdom He has put in place at Grace that I get to be part of.

No comments:

Post a Comment