Wednesday, December 8, 2010

The Team, The Team, The Team

I listened to Bo Schembechler's speech about the team again today. There is just something about it that resonates. Everyone wants to be part of something bigger than themselves, and his pep-talk captured that. We have just finished our "Spectator Sport" series where basically for 2 months we have been saying... the team, the team, the team. I sure hope we get this concept as a church family.
This last week was one where we looked at Colossians 4 and noticed how Paul said, "Even when you aren't with the other players, you should always be looking to win." I have to remember that being part of this team means always... ALWAYS... looking to draw people around me to Christ. That is the win. This week I have watchfully pray, speak with words seasoned with grace and walk with wisdom toward the people around me.

No comments:

Post a Comment